Friday, September 5, 2014

Coconut Oil and your birds

This would be a good time to post some good benefits off coconut oil. My family has been using coconut oil for over 2 years not. i add a teaspoon to each meal, potatoes, rice, sups. Its been used as skin moisturizer, lip balm, on cuts and scrapes, even as natural tooth past. I use it on my dogs, cats but in an honest opinion never used it on my birds. Few months back i was cooking in the kitchen and give the spoon with a little bit of coconut oil on it to my amazon. He loved it as he liked the spoon clean it was the first time i hard him say "more" from then on, i have made it a once a day treat. i have noticed a great change in his feathers, and in the over all health. Now coconut oil is added to all my birds diet.
I have been using coconut oil on a small canarie who came to me with extremely dry scaly legs, just looking at it looked painful. At first i used Aloe Vera but didn't get the results i was looking for, she was still sitting on the bottom off the cage. Last night i have decided to soak her little legs in Coconut oil and with the amazing results, for the first time since she's been with me she's been sitting on the perch. So I guess since coconut oil is anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-protozoan, and has anti-viral properties it helped this little birds come back to her normal.

I have realized that there's not much on the internet about parrots and coconut oil so i will continue my search and try to keep everyone up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment